Sunday, October 5, 2008

2000 and what?!

Ahoy Maties! I trust you all had a good weekend. As for me, it's Sunday evening, my Philosophy Tut is done and I am pouring myself a last night-cap. Captain Morgan of course!

Having read through all the profile articles of Journalism students, I noticed how many tough competitors there are in university. It seems, Journalism is a hotly-contested field for many youngsters here in Grahamstown. But, this principle can be extended all over the world and in a variety of different faculties and departments.

Dazed and Confused (Not when she's drunk though!) wrote about the first year habit of procrastination not so long ago (check her post out). It is true that we all do have our moments of procrastination but I reckon if we were to see how far an education could truly get us and how big the playing field becomes, many would work a lot harder!

With 2008 almost over, many students have survived and triumphed their way through first year. I am sure many are the wiser for it too! With just a few weeks left of term, it is worthwhile for any student, anywhere to look back and ask what they truly learnt from their first year and what they want to take with them.

It seems this year has gone past ridiculously fast, but as they say, "time flies when your having fun! and getting drunk..."

El Capitan

No comments: