Thursday, September 25, 2008

Readingrocks wrote herself a letter

Dear Readingrocks


I know that coming to University is a huge step for you and you are exited, scared and maybe confused at the same time because you do not know what to expect. I am writing this letter to inform you about the choice of courses you are going to have to make once you are here.
I remember when I first arrived here at Rhodes thinking that I am going to take Drama only for the rest of my Degree years. It was during Orientation Week when I overhead two random girls saying that a BA student is expected to have ten credits in order to qualify for a BA Degree; I was so shocked to the extent that I just stomped up and asked them to explain what they had said but being the silly first year student I was; I completely ignored it and thought that they were as confused as I was since they were also first years, “there is no way I am taking four subjects per year” until I heard it from the Dean of Students. I say to you my beloved friend that doesn’t also think that you are going to do only one subject for four years depending on the Degree you aspire to do. I advice you to think about other subjects you might be interested in taking because if you leave it until the registration day you will end up making the wrong choices since so much will be happening that day and no one is going give you the attention you will need as everyone will be busy with their own things. I wish I had got the chance to hear someone warning or advising me about what I should have expected.


Take care of yourself my beloved friend until I see you here at Rhodes next year.


Your loving friend.

No comments: